Scripture Memory Verse Challenge ~ Week #6
My how time flies. Here it is....
16 I pray that out of your glorious riches You may strengthen me with power through your Spirit in my inner being,
17 so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith. And I pray that, being rooted and established in love, I
18 may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that I may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that I ask or think, according to the power at work within us. Ephesians 3:16-20
I came across this verse earlier in the year and it spoke to me on so many levels. It's a long one but so worth knowing and keeping in my heart for many reasons...
1. It reminds me of God's endless supply of blessings and that He has everything in and out of this world at his disposal to give us, so why should we worry?
2. He gives us the power we need to help us in any and every situation. It's not our own power, it's His that makes us stronger.
3. His love is one that is not easily understood because it is so big but He wants us to willingly understand it and embrace it. He loves all of us, the good and all of the mess that we are and we don't have to clean ourselves up to be loved. He just loves us. How amazing! I was actually reminded of that at the Taylor Swift concert in the words of Vance Joy.
4. He can fill us with His fullness. Wow! Love it, want it and need it!
5. He can do far mare than what we can ever imagine.
Now that's a God I want to follow!